Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Is There Open Gym In Ottawa

Book Day 2011 (late)

Oh, how little I'm taking time to blog! Oh, I have been passed without mentioning Book Day here! Oh, that Emi has had to come remind me!

Well, that, as you probably know, not having told me here the past 23 days is held every year as World Book Day. One day probably more commercial sense than real tribute to books and reading, but hey, less is nothing. And as I always say, if that is achieved one person read a single book that would not otherwise read, then so be it.

As in previous years (2009 and 2010), I from here I will use the occasion to make a recommendation. Taking advantage of recently Chufo Llorens has published his latest book "Sea of \u200b\u200bFire," which I have not read, I will recommend one of the same author: "The saga of the Damned" , published 8 years ago and that once I recommended to my grandmother, a lover of reading and be happy for this to books.

"The saga of the Damned" tells two stories of two Jewish families in two different eras: the fourteenth-century medieval Spain and Nazi Germany prior to World War II. Two separate families 600 years in time but the same sad end suffering persecution. A beautifully written book, quite emotional and a good example against religious intolerance. That is the recommendation, especially for Emi, and anyone you like, add it to your new shelf.

Lastly, just to name a few of the titles that my friends in Catalonia managed and exchanged in the midst of roses: "The Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole," No News Gurb "by Eduardo Mendoza," The Italian Embassy Lounge "Elena Moreno, and some others which we have mentioned more times around here as" The Golden Hall "by José Luis Corral or" Culture "by Dietrich Schwanitz.

0 comments:

Post a Comment